Lunes, Mayo 14, 2012

From Duck to Swan


As early as 2 ½ yo, I entered my daughter to pre-school.  I thought that in this way, she will learn how to socialize and mingle with people while learning at an early age as well.  She did display intellectual skills.  You can see that she can easily absorb all the lessons in school.  She also speaks straight English (if not fluent).  She can also express herself well.  However, in spite of all this, she is very and I mean VERY shy to people she do not know very well.  Sometimes even to us she gets shy at times. 

This is my problem.  I even went to the point of bribing her just to perform with her classmates on stage in one of the school programs in her school. Imagine, with all the costumes and lots of practices before the said dates.  Just to see my daughter STAND STILL on stage!!!  Heavens!

Last December 2012, a woman in the mall approached us.  She asked me if I am interested to audition my daughter to a commercial.  I said, I will think about it.  However, during days of thinking, I finally dropped by their office.  After she was VTR, the girl told me they will contact me.  Few days passed, I received a phone call.  The girl on the other line told me that my daughter is pretty but shy.  She can hardly talk in front of a camera. She needs to build her confidence which I did not argue because it is true.  She suggested that it will be best if my daughter will undergo a workshop. 

My husband is against it.  He thinks that it is just their way of making money.  He has a point but it is also A FACT THAT MY DAUGHTER NEEDS HELP.  I was able to persuade my husband to enroll my daughter to a workshop.  The workshop is NOT CHEAP.  During the first day, my daughter can hardly enter the classroom.  After reassuring her that I will not leave, she finally agrees to enter.



The workshop includes singing, dancing, acting and modeling.   This is a once a week  (2.5 hrs per session) that lasted for 3 months.  In between those 3 months period, I also encourage my daughter to do some VTRs for other modeling agencies and some modeling contest.  The process was tedious not to mention expensive.

Within the 3 months period, I can see BIG IMPROVEMENTS in her!  She now talks to other kids without hesitation.  Can now act, sing and dance in front of so many people.  It’s been 1 month now since she graduated from her workshop but the LESSONS she learned during the process is PRICELESS.



From a shy little girl, my daughter is now a CONFIDENT KID.


9 (na) komento:

  1. Hello mommy! I heard that you put your daughter in the Nephites Talent Center agency. I just recently entered my daughter here myself but I'm a little bit afraid that it might be a scam. By the looks of your blog entry, I think I may be wrong. By the way, did your daughter get any good projects? :-) She is very pretty!

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi, Lolita! Thank you for your nice comment. I didn't feel that Nephites was a scam. Right on the very first day, they have set a proper expectation naman. Though yun lang talaga sila talent center. It will be best to have your kid do some VTRs sa mga modeling agencies talaga. Nephite has a very few (and I mean FEW) projects. Parang simula ng grumaduate ang anak ko sa kanila 1 pa lang ang tinext nila sa akin na project. Marami akong natanggap sa mga modeling agencies talaga. Halos every week, I have auditions to attend kaso, my husband is against it kasi masyado ko daw pinapagod ang bata at bawal na kasi sa new school ng anak ko so medyo pahinga kami.
    It will be nice kung makakuha anak ko ng project, kaso very competitive din kasi ang mga batang models. Anak ko kasi madami pa ring bolahan. Hahaha.
    Hope your kid will get project/s in the future.

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Hi, ako rin pumayag na ipasok ang anak ko sa nephites talent center from Sept 2012 good til Dec 2012. I don't expect the project cause I know how tight the competition is. I am satisfied with their classes. My son was able to build his self esteem too and improve his dancing skills. That alone is enough for me. Actually he learns to speak in English confidently din kasi almost englisera yun batchmate nia...

    TumugonBurahin
  4. I think that is the best thing to do. Huwag masyado i-pressure ang bata. Importante na-boost ang confidence nya.

    TumugonBurahin
  5. good eve.. kasi ung anak ko bin igyan din kanina lang ng papel ng talent center na yan.. vtr daw sa feb18.. kung eenroll ko ung anak ko magkano kaya magagastos ko?? di kaya mapagastos ako ng malake?

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. honey lemon, tapos kna ba sa workshop nyo? hows anak nkapasok ho ba? may mga commercial na ba xa?

      Burahin
  6. Hi mommy's! as k lang po, my son was invited by the nephites while he is playing in MOA my lumapit na girl, binigyan ako papel at invite dw my son sa audition..talaga bang after the workshop my mga offers na ba na maibibigay sa kanya like mga commercials?

    TumugonBurahin
  7. Hi Mommy Honey! kamusta na do pls inform me if nakapasok nba ur kid sa mga commercial...salamat....

    TumugonBurahin
  8. Hello mommies,,,my son was also invited by nephites talent ctr for vtr just last sunday, and last wed i was informed that my son pass the vtr but,,he is a bit shy according to the casting director,,so they said p, they would recommend a 10 session workshop to improve his dancing,avting singing and modelling...mommies,,give me advise if this is legit as i was told they want me to attend the orientation on sunday and for some DOLE requirements..hope to hear from you mommies,,, thanks

    TumugonBurahin