Miyerkules, Disyembre 7, 2011

Puerto Princesa...The Last Frontier - Day I

I often wonder why Palawan is called "The Last Frontier."  Based on my research, Frontier refers to -the region of a country that fronts on another country.  It is pointing to Borneo and almost very near to Sabah, Malaysia.

I never realized how beautiful Palawan is until the day I stepped into the island. 


The airport of Palawan is very small yet organized.  Just after the building, tricycles are lined up ready to pick up passengers.  I was informed that tricycle drivers inside the airport vicinity charges something like Php 35 per passenger.  Thank God for other people's blogs and feedback in forums, I have learned that just outside the gate of the airport (which is a very short walking distance) tricycle drivers will charge you Php 8.

We decided that since we will  be staying in Moana Hotel, which according to  the front desk is just walking distance from the airport, that we will just walk our way there.  True enough, after 10-15 minutes of walking, we reached the only hotel in Puerto Princesa that has a swimming pool at an affordable cost.  Imagine, Php 1200 per night (breakfast not included).  We were given an air-conditioned room located just beside the swimming pool (my request).  Room is clean and the staffs are friendly. 



My 3 days trip was well planned.  I never thought there were so many places to visit.  Day I started with our Honda or Hunda Bay trip.  I did not avail the tours offered by travel agencies or by the hotel.  We did a do it your own tour.  I hired a tricycle (Php 500) to bring us to and from Purok Honda Bay where we can hire a boat to do Island hopping. 



There we need to hire a boat (Php 1300)  and pay for some fees (very minimal). 





Off we go.  First island to visit is the famous Snake Island.  This well known island is famous for its 3km sandbar.  Most people drop by to swim, feed fishes, eat lunch (like we did) and just take pictures.




There are also lots of mangroves in the islands.



Next stop is the famous Starfish Island.  Yes, I was encouraged to go to this place because of one blog that I read. 



To my dismay, contrary to what I have read.  I only found 1 starfish in this island.



I think we only stayed there for about 10 minutes.  We were already on board the boat when the caretaker called us and was waving a paper.  Alas!  There is a Php 50 per person fee entrance.  I totally forgot about that. 

Anyhow, off we go for the last stop.  The Pambato Reef.   They said that it got its name for being "The Contender" of the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park in Sulu.   Again, like the Starfish Island, there is a Php 50 fee per person.


I strongly suggest for those finicky like me and my husband, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN SNORKELING GEARS!!!  For Php 100, you can rent a snorkeling gears at the Pambato reef with free Hepa A, B, C.  Maybe a little bit of HIV and a dash of TB.  Hahaha.  I can just remember how my husband is trying to figure out how to snorkel without the gear.  He cannot conceived the idea of another person using the exact same gear.    He does not have any choice.


The sun has set and this only means one thing.  It's time to go back!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento