Martes, Marso 26, 2013

Jerolynda Beach Resort...A paradise not for me



From afar, you can see that the resort is promising.  White beach, pier of its own, quiet and clear water.  PERFECT!!! 

Just upon reaching the resort and talking to the caretaker that my complaints just pouring in.  NO FOOD in the so-called restaurant (you have to pre-order and that is the only time that they will take the boat and go the main city to buy supplies).

We were HUNGRY and this person will tell me that they do not have food.  I am in the middle of nowhere and I NEED FOOD.  Just to make matters worse, I also found out that there is no electricity.  YES, the whole resort is using generator and to conserve energy, they turned off the generator from 7am to 6pm.  SERIOUSLY!?!  34-36 degrees outside and this person with a poker face will tell me that they do not have electricity aside from not having food.

I managed to calm down and just told the caretaker patiently that any food will do.  Come night time when we are ready to sleep, I noticed that there are no screen installed at the windows.  Thought it will not be a problem.  Come morning, my husband noticed that we have lots of mosquito bites!

Oh did I mention that the water coming out of the faucet is colored yellow to brownish.  And I just treated my daughter from her UTI. 

Instead of staying there for 2 nights we decided to cut our trip.  Right that very day after our trip to Cape Engano, we packed our things and headed back home.  My only comment is that the owner should have informed me or any possible guest/s of what to expect from their property.  

I love beaches, I lover tropical weather but with no electricity come on.  How can they expect to have visitors if they will not provide basic amenities.

6 (na) komento:

  1. hi fellow traveler, we came across the same experience with you, I was just late in posting as I just came back to Manila from the Moriones Festival. Nevertheless, here is my review of the said resort. feel free to read.

    http://lakwastserongtsnelas.blogspot.com/2013/03/jerolynda-resort.html#more

    TumugonBurahin
  2. It is really sad. I still can't wear sleeveless and shorts til now. It's been almost 2 weeks.

    TumugonBurahin
  3. I think it is quite important that you research a lot on the resort/area/place you intend to visit. It's part of marketing that they won't tell you everything,it's really up to us to check on it.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi, Dominie! Thank you for your comment. You are correct. One should really research a lot on the resort/area/place you intend to visit. However, information on the internet is very limited specially for places or property such as Jerolynda.

      It is very helpful if people will share their experiences.

      Burahin
  4. was just planning a vacation with a friend to the resort when i came across your blog and lakwatserong tsinelas. have high ecpectations based on what i saw on the net, but. . truly, as you've said it, the internet is very limited. thanks for your blog, and saving our vacation. . .more power

    TumugonBurahin
  5. Hi, Rye! Good for you. My insect bites lasted for 4-5 months before it healed completely.

    TumugonBurahin