Martes, Setyembre 4, 2012

Subic Grand Seas Resort: A beach like no other




It was my daughter’s 7th birthday and I want to do something special since our trip to Boracay was cancelled because my daughter does not want to be absent in school.

I need to change the itinerary to a short weekend trip to somewhere near. I love the beach, but I've been to almost all the beaches in the SOUTH.  So, closest beach to the north will be the perfect answer to my dilemma. 

I choose Subic.  2 things, proximity and attractions.  My daughter always wanted to watch a dolphin and sea lion show so the Ocean Adventure is just perfect!  The Zoobic Safari is a BONUS!  Now my problem is the accommodation.  Going around Subic (especially the Freeport area) is no joke.  One way taxi cost Php 400.  At first, I thought of having a hotel inside the Freeport zone, however, the option is either an ordinary hotel with a pool or a hotel with a beach.  I’ve heard that the beach in Camayan Beach Resort is NO GOOD.  But I do not want to have a pool only.  Finally, an answer to my prayer (or so I thought).  I saw the Subic Grand Seas Resort.

Just by looking at their web site (http://www.subicgrandseas.com), you will think that this is it!  Reading at the information on their web site and telling you that “At Subic Grand Seas Resort, we invite you to let loose and feel the sand between your toes.

Looking at the video and the pictures on the web site, you will think that this is a perfect place to relax with your family. 

All the pictures from the room and its amenities,










to the lobby,





the pool and sundeck area, 







EXCEPT FOR THE BEACH!!!













This is the real beach,  I do not know how they made the picture of the beach on their web site so clean and alluring.  If I was a TOTAL BITCH, I would have asked for a REFUND.  However, since the staff are so friendly and hospitable.  I just let it be. A blog like this will help travelers like me know the truth.  I do not have anything against the property.  If I want a pool, I can come back to their place, but if you want a beach, look elsewhere.


2 komento:

  1. hi sis. when was your visit? I'm from Bataan but I practically grew up in Olongapo-Subic area. Several times a year, but most especially during the summer, we head out to the beaches there. Family and friends knew that Subic beaches are go-to places for people from Manila. I can tell you that we chance upon this state of Subic's beaches whenever we visit after a typhoon passed by. But during the summer it isn't like that at all.

    I'm just letting you know so that you can give Subic beaches another chance. Nagkataon lang na mukhang nakapunta kayo na after ng maulan na period kaya ganyan talaga. Yung mga dumi na wash ashore.

    I assure you, the people of Olongapo and Subic take the time to clean up after a storm has passed. They won't neglect the beaches because tourism is a huge part of their income. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi, Vanenie! Thank you for your comment. My trip was last week Sept 1-2. My daughter and I were really excited and it was just a big disappointment to see the beach that dirty. Hopefully next time.

    TumugonBurahin