Sabado, Hulyo 16, 2011

My 10 pesos worth of FUN!!!

Yesterday, was a bonding moment for me and my princess who is 5yo. I managed to escaped her from her school after paying her monthly tuition fee. So she's 1 hr earlier out of school. Every Friday, as much as I can, I bring her with me every time I go to church in Quiapo during Fridays. One park caught her attention. It has colorful figures of big pre-historic animal creatures. We often passed at this park everytime we are on the way home. I promised to bring her one of these days and that day was yesterday!
After having an adventurous time in Quiapo, we hailed a PVP bus. Bound to go to the now called "Rizal Park" also known as "Luneta" or formerly called "Bagumbayan". Quiapo is very near to this well known park. Within 10 minutes, we are there. Since we haven't taken our lunch yet, I decided to have our lunch at Jollibee. After a sumptuous affordable meal. Off we go to find the entrance of this so called "Children's Playground".


The entrance is exactly located in Gen Luna St. (beside the Dept of Tourism) near Taft Ave. cor TM Kalaw, . The park has been renovated and restored by the Department of Tourism through the help and cooperation of National Parks Development Committee and the City of Manila. There is an entrance fee for anybody 2yo and above who wishes to enter the vicinity. For Php 10.00 one can enter the park and stay there for as long as you want. I think charging people to use the place helps the administration of the park maintain it not to mention this also eliminates unwanted visitors.

It's been ages since I last visited this park. I remember my parents used to bring us in this place when we were little. Visiting this place again brings back memories. The big red shoe is still there welcoming you.

The place is a child's haven. Your child can slide, run, play, play in the monkey bars, see-saw and swing all they want. There are also some kiosk or food store inside the park but most families who visits the place have prepared their own food. There are also mono-blocks tables and chairs inside with colorful parasol that you can use for FREE. You can also have your own blankets and have picnic on the grass.




Some of the things that you and your family can enjoy in this cheap but wonderful place is a Victorian fountain that welcomes you to the place. On the left side is a series of slides for bigger kids to enjoy. On the right side, you can find monkey bars and also some miniature slides. Straight ahead you can find a big Hippo, volcano and some dinosaurs. The place is a total haven for "cam whores."   No, not an individual who performs sexual services on the Internet with webcam in exchange for money.  I learned this from my  office mate, Kimmy, who calls people who loves posing whenever they see camera a "cam whore."



Over all, my daughter and I have wonderful pictures for my FB.  Maybe next time, we will try the other parts of Rizal Park!!!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento